IN 2023: January 18 to meet with the Campus Coordinator; February 1 to submit the application to SF State for nomination consideration.
Meet with Campus Coordinator no later than January 18.
To request an appointment, email Dr. Joy Viveros, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phase 1: February 1 Deadline
1. Email Dr. Joy Viveros (email@example.com), CDIP Campus Coordinator, all application materials (excluding the recommendations, which need to be sent to her by your recommenders): Statement of Qualifications and Motivation, Collaborative Plan of Support, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Recent CSU Position Description in your field.
2. Ensure that each of your recommenders has emailed a signed PDF of their recommendation letter to Dr. Joy Viveros (firstname.lastname@example.org). One recommendation must be from your SF State Faculty Sponsor. If you are currently enrolled in a PhD program, the second recommendation must be from a professor in your PhD program. Letters should be addressed to the Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program Selection Committee.
Phase 2: March 1-17
Dr. Viveros, CDIP Campus Coordinator, will let you know whether you have been selected for nomination.
IF YOU ARE AN SF STATE NOMINEE, Dr. Viveros will provide you with login information for the CDIP online application. You will have until March 17, 11:59PM PST, to fill out your online application and ensure that your recommenders have uploaded their letters to the CDIP application portal.
HOW NOMINEES WILL SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
1. Navigate to the Cal State InfoReady CDIP application portal for the current year.
2. START AN ONLINE APPLICATION: navigate to Application Tools on the right, and click on the "Apply" button.
3. FIRST, REGISTER: Click on the "Apply" button again -- it will turn blue, then navigate to the left of the page, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on "Register."
From the pop-up window, create an account by providing your name, email address, and a password of your choosing, and then clicking the"Create Account" button. You will receive an email from the CSU Chancellor’s Office InfoReady Review service asking you to click the “Confirm Account” button.
4. AS A REGISTERED USER, YOU ARE READY TO ACCESS YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION: Return to the "Apply" page, then click on the "Apply" button so it turns blue, then navigate to the Login for Registered Users section, fill in your email address and password, and click the Log In button.
5. SAVE YOUR WORK: Fill out the online application; if you do not complete the application in a single session, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save as Draft" button.
6. INDICATE THE DOCTORAL PROGRAM you are enrolled in, or the doctoral program to which you are applying.
If you are applying to more than one institution, see the documents under Competition Files on the righthand area of the online application. Click on the link titled DOWNLOAD EXCEL: Additional List of Institutions. Use this downloadable form to list all the additional doctoral programs to which you are applying. Upload this form to your online application under "Additional List of Institutions you applied to."
7. INVITE YOUR PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES to upload their recommendations: Under Reference Writers, invite two faculty to upload their recommendations — by providing their email addresses and other contact information.
One recommendation must be from your CSU Faculty Mentor.
If you are currently enrolled in a doctoral program, the second recommendation must be from a faculty member at your current institution. If you are not yet enrolled in a PhD program, the second letter should be from a faculty member in your field at your current institution.
8. UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: (1) your curriculum vitae; (2) Qualifications and Motivation Statement; (3) Collaborative Plan of Support — which you and your Faculty Mentor have collaboratively developed; (4) CSU Faculty Position Announcement — provided to you by your Faculty Mentor, and (5) if you have applied to more than one institution, the Excel sheet listing all institutions to which you have applied.
9. ENSURE THAT BOTH RECOMMENDERS HAVE UPLOADED THEIR LETTERS on or before March 17 (11:59PM PST).
9. SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION on or before March 17 (11:59PM PST), by clicking on the Submit Application button.
Resources for Applicants
California Pre-Doctoral Program
California Forum on Diversity in Graduate Education
Division of Graduate Studies
Graduate Fellowships Hub
Fellowships Office Website
Dr. Joy Viveros
Reception: The Hub, ADM 250
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132