Program Purpose and Description:
The mission of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP) is to increase diversity and participation in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. Its Pathways to Science website provides a searchable database of undergraduate and graduate (master's and doctoral) scholarships, fellowships, summer research experiences, and conference travel funds in the sciences, mathematics, social sciences and business, as well as in the arts and humanities. The website also features useful webinars and professional development materials for students applying to doctoral programs.
IBP's searchable database includes opportunities in the following disciplines:
- MEDICAL & LIFE SCIENCES – Biochemistry, Biology, Cellular Biology, Ecology & Evolution, Epidemiology, Food Science & Nutrition, General Medical & Life Sciences, Genetics & Genomics, Medical Sciences, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physiology, Plant Sciences, Zoology;
- ENGINEERING & PHYSICAL SCIENCES – Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical & Nuclear Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer & Electrical Engineering, General Engineering & Physical Sciences, Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Physics, Sensor Science & Engineering, Transportation Systems;
- MATHEMATICS & COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCES – Applied Mathematics, Computational Sciences, General Math & Computational Sciences, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics;
- EARTH, ENVIRONMENTAL & AGRICULTURE SCIENCES – Aquatic & Fisheries Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences, Conservation Biology & Wildlife, Crop & Soil Sciences, Entomology, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, General Earth & Agriculture Sciences, Geological Sciences, Horticulture, Hydrology, Marine Sciences & Oceanography, Natural Resources, Paleontology, Sustainability;
- TECHNOLOGY – Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics & Genomics, Biotechnology, Computer Sciences, Digital Media, General Technology;
- INFORMATION SCIENCES –Nanotechnology, Optics & Photonics, Robotics, Spatial/Geographic Information Systems, Telecommunications;
- SOCIAL SCIENCES – Anthropology & Archaeology, Communication, Economics, Education, General Social Sciences, Geography, History, International Studies, Law & Government, Linguistics & Speech Sciences, Philosophy & Ethics, Policy, Political Science, Psychology & Behavioral Sciences, Sociology, Urban Planning & Design;
- BUSINESS – Business Administration, e-Commerce, General Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing;
- ARTS & MEDIA – Architecture, Arts, Design, General Arts & Media, Media.