Consider the following self-statements. If most of these describe you, please contact the Fellowships Office to schedule an intake apppointment and explore what fellowship opportunities might be a good fit for you.
- I want to go on for a (or the next) graduate degree (for example, a PhD, MFA, MPH) or into public service
- I have a GPA of 3.5 or above (or close, in at least the past several semesters)
- I have a vision of how I want to contribute to the betterment of society, or to expanding knowledge or creative expression in my field, and I have been acting on that vision in my academic, artistic and/or career choices
- I have been actively engaged with my community as a volunteer, leader, researcher or artist
- I have strong relationships with my faculty and know them well; they have expressed an interest in recommending me for graduate school or other opportunities
- I am a hard worker and able to handle the additional load of significant writing and/or research as part of applying for a fellowship
- I view receiving support to prepare a nationally competitive fellowship application as an opportunity to enhance my own qualifications for further opportunities.