1. NAVIGATE TO THE APPLICATION PORTAL:
2. START AN ONLINE APPLICATION: navigate to Application Tools on the right, and click on the "Apply" button.
3. FIRST, REGISTER: On the Login page, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on "Register."
4. AS A REGISTERED USER, YOU ARE READY TO ACCESS YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION: On the Login page, navigate to the Login for Registered Users section, fill in your email address and password, and click the Log In button.
5. SAVE YOUR WORK: Fill out the online application; if you do not complete the application in a single session, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save as Draft" button.
6. INDICATE THE DOCTORAL PROGRAM you are enrolled in, or the doctoral program to which you are applying.
7. INVITE YOUR PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES to upload their recommendations: Under Reference Writers, invite no less than three, and no more than four faculty to upload their recommendations — by providing their email addresses and other contact information.
8. ASK FOR REMINDERS: If you would like your recommenders to receive reminders of the upcoming deadline to submit their recommendations, select from the Set Reminder for Letter Writers drop down menu to select the frequency of reminders they will receive leading up to the CDIP application deadline.
9. ASK FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATION when your recommenders submit their recommendations by checking the box just above "Set Reminders for Letter Writers."
10. ADD SF STATE CAMPUS COORDINATOR TO EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Under "Save or Submit Your Application," and then "Add Other Email Addresses for Notifications," type in "email@example.com" to the text box.
11. UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: (1) your curriculum vitae; (2) Qualifications and Motivation Statement; (3) Collaborative Plan of Support — which you and your Faculty Mentor have collaboratively developed; (4) CSU Faculty Position Announcement — provided to you by your Faculty Mentor, and (5) if you have applied to more than one insitutiton, the Excel sheet listing all institutions to which you have applied.
12. MEET WITH THE CAMPUS COORDINATOR no later than January 25.
13. SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION on or before February 1 (11:59PM PST), by clicking on the Submit Application button.